It’s NOT necessary to feel intimidated by technology!
And you DON’T need to pay thousands to hire a web designer in order to have a
professional, quality and attractive site
that effectively represents you, your brand and your message.
With this mini DIY e-course you can get started
making money & making a difference
with your business website quickly & easily.
And I’ll show you how…
- You’re a seasoned pro in your field, but new to creating your business website
- You have a free or “all-in-one” blog/website for your business and you’re ready to go pro without breaking the bank
- You’re a beginner in your field and ready to get started with your business website
- You’ve been DIYing your business website alone and struggling to get things to look as professional and attractive as you want them.
- Stop pulling your hair about and feeling intimated, frustrated and overwhelmed about how and where to get started with your business website.
- Find a solution, between throwing in the towel and hiring a web designer, that provides real results.
- Get your business website setup (and have it look professional and attractive) so you can start attracting and working with your dream clients & customers.
- Start a blog so you can engage your audience with your expertise and inspiration.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
Domain & Hosting Essentials
- The basics of what your domain and hosting are
- How to choose a domain name
- The importance of owning your own website
- Where to buy your domain and hosting affordably
- What to expect from each
- Transferring your domain name (if you bought it from a free website or blog platform, or would like a more affordable option)
Connect Your Domain Name to Your Hosting Account
- Learn the simple process (that takes less than 5 minutes) to connect your domain with your hosting since you bought them in 2 different places (video tutorial).
- Additional instructions in case you need to add on a domain for an existing account.
How to Install WordPress + An Intro to WordPress
- Learn how to install WordPress (again in less than 5 minutes) so you have a working website with the click of a button (video tutorial).
- Get an overview of the WordPress core features including pages, posts, media, widgets, plugins, and more.
Tips & Tricks for Your New WordPress Site
Intro to Elegant Themes & Divi
Tips & Tricks for Website Customization
- Getting started with Divi (a 3 step process)
- Example of how to get started customizing your site (video tutorial)
- Page Layout Suggestions
- Customizing Menu Items
- Footer Customization Code (a quick and easy copy and paste process for a more professional footer)
- Support (4 free and 1 paid resource for getting the support you need as you build and navigate your site)
- Downloadable PDFs and Evergreen Video Tutorials – that you can read and watch again & again whenever you need a refresher.
- Easy 1-2-3 Website Setup Instructions – from buying a domain name to launching your site with confidence.
- A Self-Paced Structure + Instant Access – so you can get exactly what you need when you need it no matter where you are in the learning process. This also allows you to work around your own schedule.
“Your videos have made this all extremely easy for me and saved me tons of time trying to figure this out for myself!“
Success Coach for Brilliant Creatives
- Having the tools, guidance and resources to get your site up within DAYS and designed within WEEKS.
- Having a website you’re proud to show prospective clients & customers, colleagues, family and friends.
- Having a 24/7 digital salesman and online business storefront that continuously works for you around the clock.
- Reaching people all over the world with your message and offerings.
“Working with Alexis has been one of the best decisions I could have made for my business. I am not a techy person at all and she taught me the skills needed to create my very own website.
I would easily recommend her to anyone wanting to learn how to build their own website.
Life Coach & Motivational Speaker
“Before finding the Biz Website Quick Start Guide I needed a website and couldn’t afford the prices I was being quoted.
After taking the course, I was able to create a website that I really like and one which looks professional at a really great cost.
I really liked the course, a lot of information at a very good price.”
Retail Business Owner
Why Choose Me to Teach You
- Work with someone who is genuinely passionate about YOUR passion and success.
- Learn from someone who is adamant about making technology easy and affordable.
- Benefit from my natural ability to see things from the client/customer/visitor perspective.
Why I Do This
I’m passionate about people SHOWING UP in the world to do what they were meant to do and live the lives they were meant to live. For many of us, this includes online business and what I like to call Passionpreneurship.
The technical and strategic aspects of these ventures should NOT hold us back from making a difference and achieving greatness. This is why I’m also passionate about MAKING TECHNOLOGY DOABLE, so that we can remove the blocks that may be holding you back from doing your important work in the world.
I created this quick start guide for this very reason, to make building your website as quick, easy and achievable as possible for all those who really want it and are willing to do what it takes to get it.
How long will it take?
If you’re starting from scratch, you can have your domain & hosting setup and WordPress installed in literally 2 days (only because it takes 24 hours for your domain to properly connect to your hosting on the back end after you spend less than 5 minutes taking simple steps to connect them).
If you’re transferring your domain name from Godaddy to Namecheap (my recommended resource), the back end process may take a few hours on Godaddy’s end, after you’ve followed some simple steps that only take you a few minutes (so all of this can be completed within the same day).
If you’re transferring your domain name from Wix, the transfer process takes 6 days on Wix’s end. After that 6 days you can move forward seamlessly with the rest of the quick and easy steps.
Once you’ve taken care of your domain, hosting and installing WordPress, adding design and content to your site is all up to you as far as how long it takes. I have provided a tutorial that will help you get started customizing quickly, but the design process is definitely a per person deal when it comes to your finished product. I have had students complete their sites and be happy with the finished result within 2 – 4 weeks.
How easy is it really?
Between the video tutorials and the written training I provide, I literally spell out every step you need to take to make things super easy. I’ve had clients who are NOT techie at all and new to building their own websites who found using Divi and building their sites easy with my training.
Your course is only $47, but will I need to invest in other resources to get started?
When creating your business website it’s important that you buy your own domain and hosting, so there will be costs included in that. And you’ll be happy to know, it’s FREE to install WordPress on your site once you’ve purchased your hosting account.
As far as the theme for your site, although I promote doing things free when possible, themes are an exception. Free themes tend to lack flexibility when it comes to customization. They also lack in offering support to help you navigate, tweak and troubleshoot your theme when needed. For these reasons I always recommend using premium (paid) themes for your business website. It’s the most professional and beneficial way to go. And in this training I highly recommend and teach the theme that makes web design easy and gives you incredible flexibility for customization and fascinating design.
Here are the specifics on costs….
A domain name with Namecheap.com costs $10.87 per year (you’ll get free protection your first year and when you renew in following years your total will be $13.75, which includes continued protection).
A hosting account with Hostgator.com costs $11.95 per month for the plan that I recommend, which includes everything you need.
An Elegant Themes account so you can access the Divi theme that I teach for website customization costs $69 per year at their lowest option.
I already have some basic knowledge of WordPress, but I want to build a new website. Will I really be able to do it on my own since it is a mini e-course?
Directly below my recommendation of Divi in the course, there is extensive training that shows you how to actually get started customizing your site with Divi. In the section named “Tips & Tricks for Website Customization” I have created a video tutorial showing an example of how to put a homepage together, insert a logo, put pages in your menu bar, set your blog page up, put things in your sidebar, etc. I take you through how to do all of those things in that video tutorial. There’s also additional written training to help you customize things even more. So with all of that, I think you can definitely get a good handle on designing your website beautifully.
What if I already bought my domain and hosting somewhere other than your recommended resources?
If you’ve already installed WordPress and are looking to get started designing a beautiful new site, you can skip to the “Tips & Tricks for your new WordPress Site” section of the training, or even skip to the “Intro to Elegant Themes & Divi” section to get started right away installing your new theme and designing your site.